Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Fascination with Crime Mysteries

   Ever since the inception of television, broadcasters have picked up on our culture's fascination with criminal mysteries. Some of the earliest TV crime dramas were 'I Spy' (Bill Cosby), 'Dragnet' and 'Police Woman'. Today things have changed a bit; I like to watch 'Criminal Minds'. My all-time favorite however is 'Columbo', not to mention he has a bad-behaving basset hound!
   During the Christmas break I read Bill O'Reilly's (New York Times Best Seller) books 'Killing Kennedy' and then 'Killing Jesus'. This got me to thinking about the famous murders in the Bible. This coming Sunday I begin a series entitle 'REDRUM'. We will start right off the bat with 'Killing Abel'.

   Each week we will study the historical aspects of the main characters, some of the unique Scriptures associated with each event and character, look at what the Holy Spirit is communicating to us and then draw some personal application.
   Of course the Bible already answer's the 'whodunit' question, but the mystery always centers around the message being communicated to us. Life is much like that isn't it? We have facts but there's always a mystery surrounding what those facts mean. I hope to see you this Sunday or if you're not able to join us in person, check us out online.
I hope you have a great week… In Christ!

No comments: